Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Poetry Night

The following is from Merrie Earnest. Her name is Olde Englishe and means "Joy Sincerity" in modern tongue. The following is privileged information, which means: don't abuse it. The addresses and phone are for poetry night purposes, and I trust that even as an open post, this is all they will be used for. Unless, of course, you get to be great friends with Merrie, because she's badass and all, but then you wouldn't need this post would you? you sick bastard.


Poetry night shall be Sunday night at 9:00--my place. (615 W. Oak St. - Apt. E. Yellow House.)



It will not be about particulars,
critiques, or names.

It becomes only what
you have become, what
you bring to this
inky feast,

a desire shared and bent
into words, futile
little doves we
madmen keep on
catching,

thinking only seldom
to let them
go.





Also, tell your friends and anyone who wants to breathe poetic air.

My number is 214-202-0030 if anyone has any questions about location, my dreams, etc.
But my phone is currently broken so just query me via e-mail.
I live via these e-mails btw. That's why there's so many. Feed me.

merrie@earnest.com

1 comment: